Thursday, February 16, 2006

Stern vs. Simmons

Ok. I have already said that I think Bill Simmons is an idiot. So I won't go on and on again about his ignorance. David Stern goes one on one with Simmons over at ESPN and talk includes the WNBA. Props to David for talking to Simmons on the business front about the why's of the W, but even better props for the his statement that outside of the business reasons, it is just the right thing to do. I am glad they can make money at it, too.

Favorite DS Quips to Simmons...

"I have not given up on your soul yet"
"John Wooden says it's the best basketball on the planet"
"...the idea that young women like your daughter would have strong role models rather than be relegated to wearing little blue suits to play only field hockey because that's a girl's game and they shouldn't sweat the way the boys do"

Go David.

No comments: