Last time around Seattle's defense shut down the perimeter players from San Antonio holding the team to 27.6% shooting while shooting 48% themselves. Seattle had a +12 rebounding advantage including grabbing 68% of the available defensive rebounds. In the loss of the prior game, Seattle allowed 49% shooting from San Antonio and were -7 on rebounds grabbing 68% of the defensive rebounds there as well.
Keys to the Game
- Rebound the ball on the offensive end, Yo is not missing her chippies and LJ has raised her rebounding numbers as of late.
- Swin and LJ carried the team offensively that last two times these teams played. They could use a little help from the improving Swoopes, and continue solid bench production. Given the back to back game schedule, I expect the reserves to get more play tonight. They need to deliver.
- Attack their posts. Riley and Wauters are both prone to fouling.
- Rebound the ball at this end, too. Do not let San Antonio get second chance opportunities, they have too many scorers.
- Keep Swin on Becky, that worked well last time and the three guard lineup San Antonio uses will allow that without creating a mismatch for Sue.
- Don't let Becky get going early. Make her take tough, contested shots from the outset and rely on Young for their scoring. Pretend she is wearing her Russian uniform and trying to steal the gold from you.