Saturday, July 29, 2006

Time...time...time

Someday I will find time to catch up on +/- for the games.

I told my wife today that I have a crush on Ashley Robinson. Of course it is her 13 rebounds and lockdown defense on Cheryl Ford that I am crushing on, so my forgiving wife is ok with it. She has a crush on LJ so we are even there, but her motives are less about the basketball, or so I suspect. Just in case, please keep your copies of Black & White in the drawer if we ever come to visit. A little idle star worship never hurt anyone, right?

Of course, my two year old appears to have latched onto LJ as well. He knows names for other players, but he only has eyes for LJ. I have always had a soft spot for the unexpected performer, though.

I stood next to Karen Bryant tonight, but with my kids faces and hands covered with ice cream I didn't say what I wanted to say to her. The words on the tip of my tongue...

"Thanks for bringing this great game to our city. I'm sorry I took two years to discover the Storm and missed the Reign entirely." I will try to catch her next time. She deserves the thanks.

No comments: