Saturday, April 15, 2006


Not Much To Say

LJ and the Opals beat the US Senior Women's team. I realize it was America's B-Team, but it may be a sign of things to come if the Senior Women don't tighten things up. I would hate to see them embarass themselves like the men did in Athens. On a side note, Candace Parker has been playing quite well for the US. Keegan has some nice write ups of the games.

I just returned from Beijing. Pollution was horrible though admittedly made worse by dust storms from the desert. I hope it is cleaner by the time the Olympics roll around in 2008. The air looked, smelled and tasted rather unpleasant. It was as bad as I used to imagine LA was back in the 1980's. I would hate to be an athlete trying to train in that.

Alicia Thompson was at the Sonics game last night to award something but I didn't catch what it was. A small child's Bird, Lennox or Jackson jersey is more than $40 at the Team Shop. I can't conceive of paying that much money for something my child will only fit in for a year...am I just cheap? I buy all of my kid's Sonics gear at Value Village, but I have yet to find any Storm gear. Perhaps I need to find a new thrift store.

No comments: