Tuesday, November 08, 2005

LJ Out Next Season?

I grow more and more worried about Lauren Jackson's thoughts on a return to Seattle next summer. Jan Stirling, is the coach for the Australian Olympic team, the Opals, and her comments to the AOC regarding the need for LJ to "manage her body" combined with LJ's clearly stated #1 priority of bringing an Olympic Gold to her homeland for the 2008 Olympics is making me sweat. She gave up WNBL play for a second straight year, and she is 100% committed to the Commonwealth Games. Will she risk a WNBA season injury interfering with her commitments to the Australian National team? I had hoped her early comments were just a result of depression from facing more injury based time off. Now I see my hopes start to fray. Anne Donnovan better be looking at tickets to Australia, perhaps with LJ's buddy, Sue Bird, in tow.

No comments: